Our project team
- Federal partners: Parks Canada, Canadian Heritage, Public Services and Procurement Canada
- National cultural institutions: National Arts Centre, National Gallery of Canada, Canadian Museum of History
- Municipal partners: City of Ottawa, Ville de Gatineau
- Private sector: Business Improvement Areas (BIAs)
- Energy distribution agencies: Hydro Ottawa
- General public and interest groups: Ottawa Centre EcoDistrict, Safe Wings Ottawa
We have engaged stakeholders and the public to gather feedback on the lighting master plan.
- 2014: We introduced residents to the elements of creating a meaningful and successful lighting master plan for cities.
- 2015: We invited stakeholders in March to take part in the Capital Illumination Workshop to discuss the objectives of the illumination plan for the core area of the Capital, and identify specific sites that should be illuminated. See the public consultation report.
- 2016: As the nighttime environment is best understood and examined on foot and in person, we asked the public for their thoughts and ideas during a series of night walks.
We will use the ideas and comments gathered during these consultations to develop a draft concept for the plan.
Stay tuned for upcoming consultations on the draft illumination plan in 2017.
Join the conversation
Join the conversation on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with #CapitalIllumination.